OSU Extension in Ross County is pleased to announce it will be offering a meeting titled “Estate Planning for farms and Small Businesses” on Thursday, September 5, 2019. The workshop will be held at the Ross County Service Center Room D, located at 475 Western Avenue in Chillicothe, Ohio starting at 6:30 pm until 9:00 pm.
Featured speakers include Chris Bruynis, Associate Professor, Ohio State University Extension and Robert Moore, Wright & Moore Law Co. LPA. Speaker will cover topics about current laws, tools and strategies to successfully transition your business to the next generation of managers and owners. Specifically the following topics will be highlighted:
- Strategies to Improve Generational Communication
- Treating Heirs Equitably
- Preventing Unnecessary Disputes between Family Members
- Using Trusts to Manage Estate Transfers
- Gifting, Irrevocable Trusts, and Other Wealth Transfer Tools
- LLC Agreements to protect Business and Personal Assets
- Federal Estate Taxes and their Impact on Business Operations
Registration is required by August 27, 2019 and can be made by calling the OSU Extension, Ross County office at 740-702-3200. The registration fee for the program is $15.00 per person or $25.00 per family which includes handouts and refreshments. Payment can be made at the door with cash or check payable to OSU Extension, Ross County.
This program is brought to you by OSU Extension and the Ross County Chamber of Commerce.
More information can be obtained by calling the Ross County Extension office at 740-702-3200.