You and your animals will be judged…now you can be the judge too! Develop and practice your livestock judging skills by placing both breeding and market classes of beef, goat, sheep, and swine at the 4-H Livestock Judging Contest Friday, July 27, during the Ohio State Fair. Registration deadline for the Ohio State Fair 4-H Livestock Judging Contest is due to the State 4-H Office in two weeks – Friday, July 13.
For more information and study materials, visit: http://www.ohio4h.org/events/ohio-state-fair-4-h-livestock-judging-contest
- Rule changes (link to rules):
- Junior individuals and teams: place up to eight classes in two rounds (two from each species) and answer four sets of questions on scantrons; optional oral reasons contest with separate awards (two sets)
- Senior individuals and teams: place up to eight classes in two rounds (two from each species) and give four sets of oral reasons (one per species)
- The team to represent Ohio 4-H at the National 4-H Livestock Judging Contest will be done using a selection process to compile an “All-Star” team. Senior youth, who participate in the contest and indicate their interest on the entry form, will be considered.
- Study and preparation: Study and preparation resources, including example oral reasons videos, have been compiled and posted for free on the contest’s webpage at: http://www.ohio4h.org/events/ohio-state-fair-4-h-livestock-judging-contest