Extension’s Community Development programs aim to engage people in strengthening their organizations, communities and ultimately social, economic, civic and environmental conditions to improve the quality of life in Ohio. A sampling of these efforts is captured in the recently published 2014 Highlights.
We hope these highlights help you better understand how Extension-CD professionals partner to strengthen lives and communities through research-based educational programming and encourage you to contact us if you are aware of additional opportunities to partner or have specific questions about the efforts described.
Extension Community Development . . .
- Brings people, organizations and communities together to accomplish their goals
- Helps identify assets, capabilities, needs, resources and solutions
- Partners in the delivery of research-based programs and services to organizations and communities
What do you get when you partner with Extension CD?
- Skilled and engaged leaders
- Transformation, sustainability and livability
- Greater vitality and more defined sense of purpose
(Submitted by Greg Davis, Professor and Assistant Director, OSU Extension – Community Development)