Hey, Dr. Tray here! I get this question a LOT. Let me take a moment to clear it up…
The “Apple Project” is actually called TransformED: The Creative Educator Academy.
The Creative Educator Academy (CEA) is a year-long professional learning (PL) experience designed to expose educators to innovative thinking and creativity in educational problem-solving with an emphasis on STEAM (Code + Create) and hybrid learning. Ohio State is providing hardware, scholarships and professional learning and support in collaboration with Apple as part of its Community Education Initiative.
The program is open to ALL educators–classroom teachers, educational support professionals, and educational administrators. Using a design thinking framework (Stanford’s d.school model – https://dschool.stanford.edu/resources/design-thinking-bootleg), we aim to train educators in the following foundation areas:
- Learning design & technology integration to transform instruction and student support initiatives
- Data-driven educational planning
- Educational risk-taking and creativity
- Challenge-based learning
- Evaluating instructional, learning, and school culture outcomes
- Use of Mac OS and iOS tools and apps to support educational improvement
Additional topics include, but are not limited to: Coding, virtul/hybrid learning, visual design, media design, and use of Apple apps for assessment, student support, teaching for inclusion, family/community outreach, and school culture initiatives.
In cooperation with the OSU Digital Flagship program, EHE-IT, and other campus partners, the program offers educators a variety of tools, training, and networking experiences during the academic year. Participants will:
- Receive a set of Apple tools (e.g., MacBook, iPad, etc) and accessories/apps to use during the program
- Bring a school- or education-based problem of practice to solve during the program
- Attend an in-person on-boarding and tools distribution session
- Participate in a 10-week, fully online workshop on the foundation areas
- Meet for monthly, online cohort meetings
- Attend additional “pop-up” trainings
- Participate in the year-end showcase
- Receive a stipend upon program completion
Watch a VIDEO from me (program director, Tracey “Dr. Tray” Stuckey) for more application details.
If you know of educators that would be a good fit, please share the program application:
APPLICATIONS DUE: ***CHECK BACK IN 2022 FOR APP INFO**
Got Questions? Email: email@example.com OR
Contact Dr. Tray at 614-292-6569 (leave a voice mail, if no answer) | TEXT ONLY at 614-975-3576