Professional Topic: Efficiency in Operations

My professional interest is efficiency in business. This means doing every day things as well as completing long term projects faster and better. In the future, I plan to become an efficiency consultant, and help companies improve the efficiency at which they operate. I would also eventually like to start my own business and use my future expertise. Here are some sources on my topic:

How to Become an Efficiency Expert

This link is to an article on how to become an expert at business efficiency by Andrew Jensen. Jensen is a professional efficiency consultant, so he is a very credible source. This source not only tells you how to get more efficient in business, but also gives advice to people who want to become efficiency consultants. This is very helpful for me because I am interested in becoming an efficiency consultant.

https://www.amazon.com/Business-Efficiency-Dummies-Marina-Martin/dp/1118449495

This link is to b0ok on increasing business efficiency. This book is helpful because it is informed, and as the title describes, its for “dummies”. That means you do not need to be a business professional to understand what they are talking about, so it is a great place to start for beginners.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/resource_center/articles/be_more_productive/b

This link provides ten tips for making your business more efficient. This is helpful because it is very concise yet very detailed, so you can learn a lot while not having to read too much.

This link is to an article on the New York times about how efficiency needs to increase in businesses at Wall Street. It focuses on how banks these days are slow and lack creativity, and how the economy could benefit from banks trying something new.

This youtube video on how to improve business efficiency is helpful because it simplifies everything down. It focuses on how a particular product, ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud, can improve efficiency. Although I do not personally own the product, I like the video because it demonstrates how helpful organizing information can be.