Web-Enhanced listening and viewing strategies – Module 5

College life is very different when it comes to learning materials. In high school teachers basically spoon feed the information needed to pass the class, but in college you will be learning by yourself using a lecture as a guide. It is extremely important to take good notes if you want to succeed in college, so I will be giving some tips about note taking. First, if your professor post the lecture notes before class (and most do), you should print the entire lecture and bring it to class. Doing so can help you follow the lecture while adding the necessary information on the lecture. Second, don’t waste your time writing what’s already in the slides, and don’t write everything your professor says. Write down the important ideas, keywords, and most specifically what professor emphasizes on by repeating the subject again and again. Also don’t write the whole sentences because you might not be able keep up with lecture and your hand will be dead by the end of class. Instead use  shorthand, symbols, and acronym. This are some of the many ways you can use to be successful in college. The important ting I learned in this chapter is using the podcast to learn the materials.I have never listened to podcast so I didn’t have the knowledge about them. But since I learned about them and benefits of podcast I will start listening to it. I already implement few things we learned in lecture. I always print out slides, if available, before lecture and write notes directly in the notes. I also try to avoid full sentences while writing notes but I need lots of practice to actually get better at it.