Overall Experience of this course – Module 7

My knowledge and skills at the beginning of course was nothing comparing to what I learned in this course. Before I took this course I wasn’t the best note taker, well! I wasn’t the decent note taker, so I used to have hard time studying. My notes used have lot more information than needed, and I didn’t used to have complete notes because I used to write almost everything. No after taking this class I think I can take decent notes with enough and complete information I need to study. Also I knew simple way of researching in the internet, but I learned more extensive way of weeding out the irrelevant information. Now I can use google advance search, I can use the university library website to research.

I have learned lots of new and important things this semester. Among them, the most important tools I learned are goal setting, note taking, and researching. The goal setting tool was very useful for me because I am a terrible procrastinator. Last semester, I started and finished 13 page paper the day it was due, which was awful experience. I wanted to avoid procrastination, so the goal setting tool was extremely helpful, which helped me to focus and finish the tasks before they are actually due. Also, I learned new ways to write notes which cover important information with way less words than how I was writing it. New technique I learned about researching will help a lot whenever I have paper due.

I learned a great deal about myself too. I learned that I get easily distracted while I am reading or doing homework, which lead me to spend twice the time needed for that assignment. I also learned that I am a visual learner, which means I learn better watching something than listening. I respond well with graphs, charts, and pictures rather than someone just standing there and taking about things. By learning about this I can make adjustment to my study habits by creating mindmaps and other graphic tools to retain the information better.

I will use most the strategies and tools I learned in future semester as well as rest of my life. For example, goal setting tool is not only useful in college but it is also very useful in day to day life. I will also use time management in future semester to avoid wasting time, and especially to avoid procrastination. By tracking time for a week, I will have pretty good idea on how much time I am wasting and what time of day I am productive. By leaning that I can assign important tasks to the time of day i am productive. I will also continue to use google calendar,good notes taking skills, and the smart way of researching whenever the paper is due.

My parting advice for my readers is that never procrastinate because something important will come up and you might not be able to finish your assignment. Always set the goals that you want to complete and stick to it. If you are making plan to go out with friends and you haven’t finish some tasks on your goal, do it before you leave rather than putting it aside for next day. Finally, you might feel overwhelmed sometimes, but never give up, stay in your goals and you will overcome anything you desire.