Final Post

Hi guys! Well, we have reached the end of the semester and are ready to reflect over all of the important things we have learned from this course.

My “skills” at the beginning of this course consisted of writing down the assignments that I had due, and waiting until the last possible minute to start them. Now, I keep track of all of my assignments, prioritize them, and schedule times to work on them. Things have improved drastically! I’m not waiting until the day before to start a huge assignment anymore, I’ve been breaking them up into smaller chunks over multiple days. My time management and scheduling skills are insanely better now, and it has made me 100x less stressed!

One of the most important things I have learned in this course is how to schedule my time and stay organized. I am now obsessed with google calendar!! It is so easy to use and makes it so easy to keep track of school assignments, extracurriculars, and my personal life. I also have learned several very helpful ways to search for reliable, credible and relevant sources. This was especially helpful to me since I need to find specific, peer reviewed articles for every lab report I have to write. I found the tips about using wildcard (?) and truncation (*) symbols to expand my search work really well. For example, the wildcard symbol in b?ll finds ball, bill, bell, etc, and the truncating symbol in chemi* finds chemicals, chemist, chemistry, etc. That’s pretty cool, and I hope you found some of those helpful as well!

I’ve also learned a lot about myself. At the beginning of the semester I was so stressed out, not getting enough sleep, and just plain not taking care of myself. I really worked on my schedule to make sure I was getting everything I needed to get done finished and still be able to have time to ~relax~ which is important! I also learned that it’s never too late to change bad habits like procrastination.

The most meaningful experience in this course for me was probably writing these blogs! I’ve never had to write a blog or anything like this before and it was fun. It really gives you time to reflect on what you’ve learned or what’s important to you, and also share it in a fun and interesting way with others! I’ve really learned to be myself and have fun in my writing and communication with my peers online.

All of the things I’ve learned in this class will be able to not only be applied to my future classes and studying, but also my personal life! I will continue to use Google Calendar to keep track of everything going on and prioritize my tasks. I will be able to search the internet and get the results that will be the most helpful for me, and stop wasting my time looking through tons of sources that I wouldn’t be able to use!

My last piece of advice for you guys is to be yourself, work hard and take time to care for yourself too! Good luck with finals! 🙂

One thought on “Final Post

1. Emily, i really enjoyed your final blog. It was very heartfelt and thoughtful! We shared a lot of skills that we both learned throughout this course and i definitely think we will succeed if we continue to use the skills!