Module 4: Web-Enhanced Reading and Study Strategies Blog Post

This week materials are my favorite so far. The lessons are very practical and highly useful for college students in my opinion. With ubiquitous access to internet and its ever-growing utility, it’s great to learn about how the web can be empowering, educational, and helpful on many levels and in many ways. I have discovered many great websites that can help me learn and succeed in college from different angles. It’s not just about how long we can sit and try to crunch the information, but it’s also about how we manage our time, the importance of having enough rest, methods to read actively, how to learn effectively, why is it worthwhile to understand how memory works, and so on. College or ultimately life success depends on many things. Some things might not seem important superficially, yet they have considerable impacts that we might have not been paying enough attention to. Apart from that, we are also able to utilize many technology tools (i.e. websites, apps, etc.) to enhance our learning. Like I’ve mentioned, this couple of websites ( Link 1Link 2), for example, are valuable for tips on memorization techniques and methods. I would be using many of the websites seemingly for years to come. As a fellow college student, I’d like to remind all of us that technology specifically the web can help us be more productive and successful students if we know how to use it. It may be more useful than we might think it would. Therefore, why not use it for effective learning? I mean wouldn’t we be better off if we spend as much time on the internet doing things that we’ve learned this week as we do on social media? Ouch that hurts me.