Module 3: Efficiency in the Digital Age Blog

The most interesting thing to me in this week’s module is the TED talk video “Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator” (Link). The speaker is very creative and amusing in delivering a speech on his own experience of procrastination.I can relate to the idea of the monkey in the head that always craves instant gratification. When I tried to start on a homework, there have been many times where I found something else to do that would instantly please me so I postpone doing whatever I should do. I do realize that it only feels good at that moment (and will be a disaster later as a consequence), but it’s easier than having to type an essay or etc. When the due dates were near, I freaked out and started stressing out. The funny thing is that it has happened over and over again. It’s not that I didn’t feel very bad the first time. However, many times it’s just not about instant gratification that makes me procrastinate. It’s poor time management too. Sometimes I think that I have enough time to do, say an assignment, but only to find myself running out of time later. Making a schedule or something like a daily list of tasks is going to be my first step to overcome this issue.  I will not try to act as if I have all the plans in my head anymore. I really need to change my lifestyle for the better. For those who face similar problems regarding procrastination, I highly suggest that you have long-term goals to mitigate our pursuit of instant gratification. By having a vision, we would be reminded about the risks associated with indulging in some instantly gratifying activities.