Punishment in Schools

I think someone may have mentioned something similar in class today, but I saw this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was really interesting and worth sharing! I can see a lot of positives and also some possible issues with this, and would love to hear what other people think. I am a huge advocate for implementing measures designed to prevent problems before they start, but I also think it is important to recognize that many problems start extremely early on and are already present prior to preventative intervention.

There needs to be a balance in promoting the development of healthy and positive habits while still being aware of the presence of consequences when wrongful acts are committed. Regardless I still think this is really cool and would also be extremely beneficial for students who aren’t struggling; this could be a means of reinforcing already positive behaviors while also allowing for students to be mindful and reflect on the things that are taking place in their lives. Sorry for the rant friends, I’m a huge sucker for mindfulness and self-growth!