Learning Technologies

Learning Strategies and Technologies

Throughout this course, we have learned about different learning strategies and technologies. There are a few in particular that I use and that I would recommend someone to use.

1. Study Scheduler: this is an app you can download on your phone which aids in task and time management, and organization. I like this app because you set your task or goals for the day or week, which ever you choose. You select a date and time, when that date and time comes up, you receive a notification that asks if you are studying. I like this because it keeps you on task and gives you reminders to study. It also asks you about who you are studying with, your environment, and other factors that affect studying. One thing I don’t like as much is that since it is a new app, it sometimes doesn’t work or it won’t be able to complete some requests. Other than that one thing, I think it is a great app to utilize for studying.
  2. Trello: this is a website online that can also be used for studying and school work, but you can also use it for different things such as party planning and really anything that involves planning ahead. This website is one of my favorites because you can invite people to your boards and they can be added to tasks and you can tell how they are progressing. One downside to this website is that it is a website, so when comparing it with Study Scheduler, I prefer an app because that is something easy to pull up anywhere at anytime for easy access.
  3. SMART Goals: we learned about goals early in the session and it has really stuck with me. SMART goals help me organize my day or week, ad they also help me set up my study events in Study Scheduler. These goals are structured in a way that allows you to actually develop reasonable goals and in a timely manner which is what I like about this structure.

Trello example.jpgStudy Scheduler on the App StoreSMART Business Goal Examples