How can the web help me outside of class?

Module 4

We live in a digital world and I’m sure you have at least one class completely online. All of my classes are half online. So how do we take advantage of all of the information that is right at our finger tips? First off, clarify your purpose and focus. Do you need to manage your time better? Do you need to find a way to study better? Do you need to read more in depth on what you’re learning in a class? Once you’ve figured that out, figure out what best suits you. Maybe using online sources doesn’t help you much. My brother can only read print, therefore studying online probably wouldn’t be use to him. Perhaps finding a website where he can print what he needs would be more helpful. Once you’ve figured out what your source and what you need as a student- stick to it! The [online] world is your oyster!

Here’s an example:

I’m taking 7 classes- which means 7 syllabi….which means 7 calendars. It was impossible for me to keep track of all of my due dates. I had to go online and go to each class individually and look up the syllabus to see what was due. I needed somewhere that had all of my due dates in ones place. I found this app called WunderList- you can make different categories and add things to the list along with due dates. I have a folder for each class and I put everything that was due. There is a tab that says “week” that combines everything and tells me what is due that week. This app saved my life! There’s even a website too https://www.wunderlist.com

Moral of the story: find what you need, seek it out, utilize that tool!