This past year, first-year ENR Scholars explored different social issues/areas that they are passionate about. They critically thought about these issues and how they are significant to their community, themselves, and society as a whole. After researching multiple areas, students chose one issue to delve deeper into over the course of the semester.
Are you curious as to how you can learn more or make your own impact in your community? Here are a few potential categories of interest, as well as resources to help you make a difference.
- Local grocery stores (esp. Lucky’s Market, Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes)
- Real Food OSU (Club on Campus)
- Local Farmers Markets, Independently Owned Restaurants, and Community Gardens of Columbus
- FAQs on Vegetarianism and Veganism (how to start, difference between, etc.)
- Vegan Starter Kit
- Vegan Food Near You
- Sustainable energy
- Disparities in access to education
- Public health
- Mental health
- Climate change
- Food labeling
- Sustainable agriculture