Artifact: High School Diploma

On May 19,2019, I graduated from Sycamore High School in Cincinnati, Ohio. I chose this as an academic artifact that means a lot to me because after four years of hard work, I completed my adolescent journey and opened a gateway into adulthood. There were many moments I had in high school that made me unsure of myself and doubtful I would be able to get anywhere. There were definitely times I wanted to give up and wished there was a way I could start the rest of my life that very day, skipping the grand process.

However, after four years of classes, clubs, choir, performing, studying, and creating long lasting friendships, I crossed the finish line. After four years of growing, dedication, and good work ethic, I heard my name being called as I crossed that graduation stage and I received a significant document that would hold all of my accomplishments in fine print.

I am proud to be able to say I graduated from one of the top public school communities, The Sycamore Community School District. After this day, I was ecstatic to begin a new chapter, a new life. I was preparing to start a new road of education at The Ohio State University in the fall, which eventually would lead me to my future career.

Overall, what does a high school diploma mean to me? When I look at my diploma, I see a ticket. A train ticket that can take me anywhere I choose to go. It was, and always will represent my train ticket to the beginning of the rest of my life. I envision having benefits such as better career opportunities, a stable income, and an improvement of my skills as a human being. My high school diploma will symbolize a piece of my own treasure that says I am strong enough to accomplish whatever I set my mind to, no matter what attempts to step in my way.