The purpose of Lab 03: Creative Design Thinking was to introduce the team to methods of creative thinking in order to design AEV concept sketches. First, each member brainstormed an individual concept sketch of how the AEV should be designed and reflected the available parts and components in the sketch. Then the team convened as a whole to review each individual concept sketch and use eachothers ideas to brainstorm a new design and construction of the AEV. Throughout the process, the team referred to the Mission Concept Review (MCR) for details of the operational requirements of the AEV and the solidworks vehicle parts files for the dimensions of each of the parts.
Sketches from the lab team can be found in the media gallery.
- Learned to u lize the SolidWorks files of the vehicle parts to refer to for dimensions
- Recognized the importance of communica ng more clearly amongst group members to makesure that tasks are not le undone when dra ing the progress report
Date: February 5th, 2016
Time: 2:00 pm (face to face)
Members present: Kayley, Allison, Stefanie, and Natalie
Topics Discussed: Reviewing calculations for lab 2, and dividing up tasks for lab 03
Today’s meeting was for making final comments on Lab 2 Progress Report and for making a plan for the Lab 3 Progress Report. The reports are due on the same day, so we had to make sure everything was complete.
Completed during meeting:
- Created graphs for the Lab 2 calculations
- Reviewed our responses for Lab 02 Progress Report
- Assigned roles for Lab 3 Progress Report
- Stefanie: situations and takeaways
- Kayley: meeting notes and question 1
- Allison: weekly goals/schedule and question 2
- Natalie: group drawing
Lab 03 did not run as smoothly as we hoped it would. Part of the issue was that most groups did not get to test their AEV’s on the track in Lab 2. Because of this, a lot of time was wasted when we could have been working on our drawings. In the future we will make it more of a point to complete tasks in each lab so it does not carry over to the next one.