Thanksgiving in America

What do you know about American Thanksgiving? This is the question of our teacher Chris, to write about the American Thanksgiving. When I started to think of what I will answer for this question, I didn’t find in my mind about the thanksgiving only a little information. Instance, it is a holiday in the United States of America, also the all family meeting together on this day and eat a turkey and other dishes.

However, I searched about the thanksgiving on the internet. To prepare for my writing about the thanksgiving in America, when the American celebrate for the thanksgiving, what they do in this celebration, and the history of this celebration.

The history of the thanksgiving in America was started in 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies. For more than two centuries, days of thanksgiving were celebrated by individual colonies and states. It wasn’t until 1863, in the midst of the Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November.

When the American celebrate for the thanksgiving and what they do in this celebration. Each year on the fourth Thursday in November, Americans gather for a day of feasting, football and family. While today’s Thanksgiving celebrations would likely be unrecognizable to attendees of the original 1621 harvest meal, it continues to be a day for Americans to come together around the table with some updates to their food menu.