This was the first performance test that was conducted. Here we looked at two different types of the AEV model. The first model is the basic model that we used for most calculations and the second model has a sleeker design that would be cheaper to make and would be more aerodynamic.
This is the Mark one of the AEV that uses a T-shape for the base. The AEV has the motors in the back, facing forward. This was fixed later on to be facing backward. We flipped the motors to the opposite end due to the realization that we would need a stronger propeller force on the way back to the starting dock, due to all of the extra weight.
This is the Mark two of the AEV that uses a 3-D printed model base. In this design, we used an aerodynamic design. This base got rid of all need for bolts and screws. We only have three screws in the whole AEV. This loss in weight made our AEV much more efficient in energy usage. We kept the motors facing backward, and even added a small wind tunnel for the propellers. This vastly increased speed and decreased power consumption.