Perspective: Process

Research

I began researching different dimensions that I could use for my 200 sq. ft. studio space.

Room Size:

10×20 – 200 sq. ft

14×14 – 188 sq. ft.

16×13 – 208 sq. ft.

Mood Board

I selected images for inspiration and to organize my thoughts/ideas.

View inspiration links

>Exercises/Activities

Exercise 1: Line and Contour 

In this exercise I used different drawing techniques to enhance the object. After practicing contouring with several different objects, I used repetition to create a new composition.

Exercise 2: Triangulation Drawing

By observing my environment I used triangulation to recreate this space from my perspective.

View other quick sketches

Exercise 3: Grid Space

I took the steps from the linear perspective grid demo on tracing paper in order to create a one perspective room for the assignment.

Iterations

I experimented with different tools to create different perspectives of my room.

View procreate iterations

Finally I designed the basic structure of my room including the 4 requirements needed.

Production

Final construction

To get to my final project I transferred my digital layout onto tracing paper and then onto Bristol.

The last step I did was adding little details to the project.

Final Composition

While working on my space I tried to design it to reflect my personality. I like a clean space that is free of distractions with lots of natural lighting. I enjoyed working with the one point perspective but I found it a bit challenging when objects were closer to the vanishing point. The more I utilized the skills we learned throughout the exercises I discovered a few things based on the layout that I could have done better.

Portfolio Project

View portfolio project