Percent Appointment: 50%
Position Type: GRA
Appointment Start Date: 01/01/2022
Position Description and Primary Duties
This position will provide 20 hours of support for Dr. Kaprea Johnson and other researchers involved in ongoing research and grant projects focused on youth and adult physical and mental health equity. Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Participant recruitment,
- Gathering research data,
- Developing IRB’s,
- Analyzing findings,
- Preparing reports and paperwork,
- Maintaining databases,
- Supporting administrative needs,
- Other duties as assigned.
The Targeted Hiring Range for this position is $2,364.45/month (August and May checks every year are prorated due to working partial months).
This position is suitable for persons interested in an academic appointment upon graduation, due to its heavy emphasis on research and grants.
- Required Qualifications
- Strong writing and research skills;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in data gathering and analysis using both qualitative and quantitative data analysis platforms.
- Preferred Qualifications
- While being a subject matter expert is not a pre-requisite, it is important to have an interest in health equity, social determinants of health, and healthcare technology;
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and think analytically;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong time management, problem-solving, and written and communication skills.
- PhD student in the Department of Educational Studies
- Interested applicants should send the following in 1 PDF to Dr. Kaprea Johnson (email@example.com):
- One page document with 3- 5 bullet points highlighting your related experience and 3-5 bullet points that you identify as potential growing edges if you were selected for the position, and
- Academic writing sample.
- Submissions will be accepted starting October 21, 2021 for the position and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.
GA Benefits Information
In addition to the above-stated compensation, the successful candidate will also receive the following benefits:
- Tuition coverage of instructional, general, and technology fees during eligible semesters;
- Position renewal eligibility. Position will start in Spring 2022 and is renewable for up to two academic years (ending Spring 2024). Renewal of funding beyond the initial semester will be based on a combination of performance, availability of funds, need for services, student eligibility, and progress towards degree;
- Collaboration will garner grant, publication, presentation, and interprofessional collaboration experience;
- Johnson pledges to mentor and support the professional needs of the GRA;
- Subsidized student health insurance for 50% appt. & eligibility to participate in state retirement plan;
- More information and details about the benefits available to Graduate Associates are available on the EHE GA website.