Dr. Stephanie Power-Carter in the Department of Teaching and Learning has an opening for a 25% Graduate Research Associate (GRA) for the remainder of the Autumn 2021 semester and Spring 2022 semester. The GRA position will provide 10 hours of service per week to support her role as a department section head. This position will assist her with Section head duties and facilitating the mission and vision of the Department Teaching and Learning., GRA will assist with administrative tasks and the day-to-day facilitation of Section 1 under the supervision of Dr. Power-Carter. The GRA will be responsible for general administrative activities such as assisting in creating communication documents, preparing handouts, data gathering and entry, filing and organizing information, assisting with presentations, section meetings, and section retreats as well as other duties as assigned.
- Enrollment in a graduate program at The Ohio State University.
- Must have a 50% GA position currently, so this would be an additional 25% position.
- Ability to work hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Fridays
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as practice tact, confidentiality, diplomacy, and courteousness in a manner that reflects positively on Section 1 section head and the Department of Teaching and Learning.
- Good follow-through skills, dependable, and detail oriented.
- Motivated and able to work independently or collaboratively.
- Effective leadership skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office suite, as well as comfortable working with database/spreadsheets, word processing, and desktop publishing software.
- Technologically savvy and have some experience with technology and/or comfort and willingness to learn (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Qualtrics as well as social media platforms such as twitter and face book etc.).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, critical thinker that is dependable and goal oriented
Targeted Hiring Range: $1,182.23/month (pre-tax, stipend will be prorated for partial months.)
Appointment Dates: October 1, 2021 – May 10, 2022
Interested applicants should send a resume/CV to Dr. Power-Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will occur on a rolling basis and will be accepted until a candidate is identified.