I wanted to pass along a GRA opportunity for Spring 2018 in the Department of Engineering Education. Qualifications are below and attached. If you would be able to send this to the EHE listerv, it would be most appreciated.
Appointment: Graduate: 0.25 or 0.50 Research Assistantship (depending on expertise and availability)
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
The graduate research associate (GRA) will be responsible for the revision and launch of a national survey exploring the persistence of women engineering faculty in institutions in the United States. The GRA will be responsible for recruitment of women for the survey, for creating an on-line version of the survey on the project’s website, and for interpreting findings using an intersectionality framework (i.e., race, class, and gender). The GRA(s) will assist in conducting literature reviews and project publications.
- Completion of at least two years of coursework in educational psychology, quantitative research, evaluation, and measurement, or related fields.
- Proficiency in Qualtrics survey construction
- Proficiency in SPSS, SAS, STATA, or other statistical software
- Ability to conduct statistical analyses
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on a diverse, interdisciplinary team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Experience conducting human subjects’ research*
*If the selected researcher has not completed Institutional Research Board (IRB) training, he/she will be required to successfully complete the training during the first week of employment.
Cover letter and CV including the list of courses taken; Writing sample; Names and contact information of at least 3 professional references. Send materials electronically to Dr. Monica F. Cox at email@example.com.
Review of applications begin immediately and will conclude when a qualified candidate is hired.
Graduate Administrative Associate | Department of Engineering Education
Graduate Student | Master of Arts
Counselor Education: Clinical Counseling | Class of 2018