Welcome back to OSU for a wonderful autumn semester! Whether you are attending OSU for your first term or you are anticipating graduating in December, we are excited that you have chosen the Department of Educational Studies to be a part of your academic journey.What makes our department so unique is the wide array of programs we offer that share the common goal of impacting education, leadership, and the communities in which we live.We welcome and embrace different cultures, ideas, perspectives, and we are proud to be an inclusive environment for all students, faculty, and staff.We encourage you to engage in diverse conversations that may challenge your own thoughts and ideas; the learning outcomes will be much greater than anticipated. Our faculty and staff are here to be great resources for you and to provide the guidance and support that you need to be academically successful. We want to be a place where you always feel valued and appreciated as a student, and ultimately as a scholar and professional in your field of study.
As you begin the new semester, be sure to take advantage of everything the university, the college, and the department have to offer to you. The university has a variety of resources for you to connect socially and interact with other graduate students across different disciplines. Make sure to utilize our department’s student services office for any assistance with understanding department policies, Graduate School procedures/policies, or just needing referrals to other campus resources as well. There are many ways for you as a student to get involved and truly experience what it means to be a Buckeye.
Furthermore, we are proud of the tremendous accomplishments of our students and faculty, and know that this growth will progress throughout the year. Some of these highlights are:
• Accreditation of our Counselor Education program by CACREP
• Accreditation of our School Psychology program by APA
• Approval of new Masters specialization in Biomedical Education
• New EdD specialization in Higher Education and Student Affairs
• New fully online Masters of Learning Technologies program
• Numerous partnerships with OSU’s Office of Student LifeSupport for student well-being and success through the Walter E. Dennis Learning Center, FEEP (the First Education Experience Program), the SMART Lab (for stress management and resilience training), Suicide Prevention program, and numerous other initiatives and programs.
We are looking forward to having another fantastic year of triumphs and accomplishments.
Eric M. Anderman Chair