We will actively work to increase the number of community members trained in overdose education and naloxone (Narcan) administration. This objective includes implementing a take-home naloxone program that will give the intervention counties access to Narcan.
- Outcome 2.1: CompDrug and Ohio State University will develop training and education modules in overdose education and Naloxone administration which Integrated Services will review.
- Outcome 2.2: CompDrug will train ECI and Integrated Services staff on how to provide overdose education and Naloxone administration (“train the trainer” model).
- Outcome 2.3: Increase the number of individuals in the target community trained in overdose education and Naloxone administration.
- Outcome 2.4: Community Action Board (CAB) identifies and works closely with one pharmacy in each county to regularly stock, promote, and dispense Narcan nasal spray.
- We will use the Needs Portal as a Management Information System which will aid us in our ability to monitor the progress in achieving the outcomes
- We will conduct brief surveys to assess how the overdose and opioid education modules are related
- The production of training modules as mentioned in outcome 2.1, will allow us to assess completion of that process and to identify the change in knowledge related to receiving overdose and opioid education education
- The majority of outcomes in objective 2 will be assessed using the Needs Portal
- We will track monthly progress of the take-home naloxone program in providing overdose education and naloxone administration training
Go to Objective 3