This is the official schedule for our spring semester fly days. A majority of the flights will be indoor due to the weather. We will be flying almost every Sunday during the semester. If you would like to fly indoors with us you need to bring your drone to one of the fly days so that we can make sure it is safe for indoor use. We generally only want you to be flying micro-scale drones that won’t cause damage to people or property. As always, anyone is welcome to stop by to watch or possibly try their hand at flying a member’s drone!
- 1/14/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- 1/21/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- 1/28/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- 2/4/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- 2/11/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- 2/18/17 – Possible Classroom Meeting (Time and Location TBD)
- 2/25/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- 3/4/17 – Possible Classroom Meeting (Time and Location TBD)
- 3/11/17 – Spring Break (No Flights)
- 3/18/17 – Spring Break (No Flights)
- 3/25/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- 4/1/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- 4/8/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
These are the officially scheduled dates for the Spring semester as of 12/27/17. It is possible if it warms up significantly in late spring that we may switch some of the indoor flights to outdoor. There may also be impromptu flights occurring throughout the semester, so if you are interested, check our social media accounts.
- 9/21/17 – Tuttle Park – 6:30PM
- 10/1/17 – Coffey Road Park – 2:00PM
- 10/15/17 – Coffey Road Park – 2:00PM
- 10/22/17 – Coffey Road Park – 2:00PM
- 10/29/17 – Coffey Road Park – 2:00PM
11/5/17 – Coffey Road Park – 2:00PM CANCELLED
- 11/12/17 – Coffey Road Park – 2:00PM
- 11/19/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- 12/3/17 – Independence Hall – 2:00PM
- Future Dates: TBD
All are welcome to come out. You do not have to have a drone at the fly days. You are more than welcome to watch and talk with our pilots. Hope to see you out there!
We will be at the Involvement Fair on August 20th flying several of our drones. We are excited to meet as many of you as we can during the fair, and hope you are equally excited. We will be at Table 370 in the Sports and Recreation section as marked on the map below.
We are excited to announce our spring semester line up of fly days. For the month of March we will be focused on indoor flights with “tiny whoop-scale” flying. At the beginning of April we will move outdoors and will begin our “normal” scale flights until the end of the semester. We hope to see you out there!
- Location: JOS Wood Courts
- Dates: Every Thursday (March 2nd – March 30th)
- Time: 10:00PM – 11:30PM
- Location: Coffey Road Park
- Dates: Every Thursday (April 6th – April 20th)
- Time: 6:00PM – 7:30PM
Have you been flying in Tuttle Park recently and lost your drone? We were contacted by someone who may have found it! It was described as being bigger than a 250, but smaller than a 450. Contact us at our email if you believe it is yours. We will ask you for and accurate description, picture, or other identifying information before we hand it off.
Want to come see what we do? Come out to one of our fly days! These days are usually Tuesdays at 5:30PM in Tuttle Park (just north of campus behind the Panera on Lane Ave.). Please check our Facebook and Twitter to check and see if we will be out that Tuesday. We usually try to let people know a day or more in advance. Hope to see you out there!
Facebook: Ohio State Drone Club/FPV Team
Excited to see us at the involvement fair? We are excited to see you too! Stop by Table 30 in the Academic and College section to meet some of our team. We also have secured the opportunity for one of our members to fly his large octo-copter during the fair, so be sure to stop by and see it in action. The map above shows where we will be during the fair.
Looking for us at the 2016 OSU Involvement Fair? Look for Table 30 in the Academic & College section. We may be lifting off one of our member’s octo-copters, so definitely stop by to see!
Welcome to the official Drone Club site.
Anyone is welcome to join Drone Club! If you would like to join the group, you can do so by going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/osudroneclub/ and you will be granted membership. If you don’t have a Facebook but would like to join, visit the JOIN page to submit your email to join the mailing list.
We look forward to you being a part of our group!