[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
– I have began to develop my Global Awareness through preparing for my study abroad program. I have been taking French classes throughout my undergraduate experience that has helped with my global awareness. I will be going to France and Morocco to study the effects of colonialism on their cultures. This study abroad experience is related to the information I have been learning in my classes. I am currently taking a Francophone culture class that is about diversity in the French speaking world. Another way I have developed my global awareness is through working at Scott. Scott has a lot of international employees that I get to work with. During and after work, I talk with my coworkers and learn about their experiences of coming to America and about the cultural differences. An example of this is when I got dinner with my friend from Pakistan who commented on the differences in relationships between the US and Pakistan.
– Currently I am in a theater class where we have to attend different productions throughout the semester. One of the projects we have to do is to pretend we are working on a play and decide which specialty we would do. We are going to give a presentation on what stylistic choices we would make in a given play that the specialist you chose would consider making. This project shows the creative process. I also plan to achieve the original inquiry section through taking an advance psychology class where we will be conducting research in the class. I also plan to apply for a research lab at the end of this year.
– I chose psychology because I am interested in learning about human behaviors. The classes I have taken show this interest. I have taken anthropology classes for physical science classes because even though they focus on studying primates, the research can be comparable to studying humans as well. I am interested in diversity and culture and a lot of my classes have these components such as theater, anthropology, social work, psychology and French. I love learning about culture and most of my French classes focus on French culture. I have taken majority honors classes to challenge myself. The classes I haven’t taken honors either I know would be a subject that would be challenging for me or I am super interested in it and they don’t have an honors alternative.
– I am involved in Club Softball. I will be the treasurer for next season. My teammates voted for me to become treasurer which shows that they have faith in my leadership qualities to take responsibility for the team finances. I am also applying to become a student lead for Scott which means I will teach incoming student cooks how to be successful with the job. I hope to become a leader in whatever field I decide to go in and these positions will help prepare me to become a good leader in my future career.
– I have gone on a Buck-I-Serv trip in the spring of 2017. We went to Baton Rouge to help with flood relief and in the boys and girls clubs. This was very beneficial for their community. Many schools had to close in this area because the school flooded which left their boys and girls clubs huge. Our presence helped the students as there were more one on one teaching. I plan to do another Buck-I-Serv trip and find ways to volunteer locally.
[ “G.O.A.L.S.” is a place where students write about how their planned, current, and future activities may fit into the Honors & Scholars G.O.A.L.S.: Global Awareness, Original Inquiry, Academic Enrichment, Leadership Development, and Service Engagement. For more information, go to: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/e-portfolio. Delete these instructions and add your own post.
Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences. For example, consider course work, study abroad, involvement in cultural organizations or activities, etc .
Original Inquiry: Honors & Scholars students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class scholarly endeavors to creative inquiry projects to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community. For example, consider research, creative productions or performances, advanced course work, etc.
Academic Enrichment: Honors & Scholars students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom.
Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.
Service Engagement: Honors & Scholars students commit to service to the community.]
[“Career” is where you can collect information about your experiences and skills that will apply to your future career. Like your resume, this is information that will evolve over time and should be continually updated. For more information, go to: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/e-portfolio. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
[Artifacts are the items you consider to be representative of your academic interests and achievements. For each entry, include both an artifact and a detailed annotation. An annotation is a reflective description of the artifact that attempts to communicate its significance. For more information, go to: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/e-portfolio. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
[Your “About Me” is an introduction and should provide insight into who you are as a person and a learner. This should include a picture of you that is appropriate in a professional/academic context. This information should be continually updated. For more information, go to: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/e-portfolio. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]