Please follow these steps to complete the Application to Graduate form and to schedule the DNP Final Project Presentation and Defense:
Step 1: Completion of the Application to Graduate Form
The student must initiate the electronic Application to Graduate form available via the Graduate School at https://gradforms.osu.edu before the deadline. The ideal deadline to complete the form is one term prior to the graduation term.
Faculty Adviser Responsibility:
The adviser must electronically approve the Application to Graduate form after it has been submitted to indicate that the student is ready to graduate.
Step 2: Scheduling the DNP Final Project Presentation and Defense
In collaboration with the committee members and adviser, the student determines three possible dates and times of the Defense. Once the three preferred dates and times of the defense are determined, the student must complete the DNP Defense Scheduling survey: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bQ5fXztp4P8C4hD
- Items for the DNP Defense survey: The three preferred dates and times, and method for the DNP defense must be approved by the faculty advisor and committee members before completing this survey.
- Student’s Name/Email/Phone:
- Title for the DNP Final Project:
- Name and Ohio State email address of Committee Chair and all Committee Members
- Preferred method for the DNP defense: In person or ZOOM
- Three preferred dates and times for the defense
- In addition to the public presentation, do you and your committee need to reserve a second location for the project team space? The office of a faculty member can be used for this If a room request is needed to reserve project team space, please indicate “yes” below.
- Please indicate your AV needs
- Please indicate the expected number of people attending the public presentation
Graduate Academic Program Coordinator Responsibility:
The results of the DNP Defense Scheduling survey will be routed to the Graduate Academic Program Coordinator.
- If a room is needed: Upon receiving the survey results, the Graduate Academic Program Coordinator will reserve the classroom through Outlook for the public presentation and the space for the private meeting of the project team. The Graduate Academic Program Coordinator will also create a Zoom link for the Def If rooms are not available during the three preferred Defense dates, the Graduate Academic Program Coordinator will contact the student for three new meeting dates.
- If the Defense will be done entirely online: The Graduate Academic Program Coordinator will create a Zoom room, but not reserve classroom
- The Graduate Academic Program Coordinator will send the Outlook invitation upon receiving the results of the DNP Defense Scheduling Survey, but no later than two weeks prior to the defense. The meeting invitation will include the room location and Zoom link, and will be sent to the following groups or individuals:
- The Graduate Data Manager
- The student
- All committee members. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure all information included in the Outlook invitation is accurate and all committee members have been included on the invitation.
- All-college using the following list-serves:
- All-students List serve
- The student should verify all committee members have been included on the meeting invitation sent by the Graduate Academic Program
- If the date of the Defense is cancelled, the student must contact the Graduate Academic Program Coordinator to reschedule the Defense The Graduate Academic Program Coordinator will cancel the Outlook invitation, thereby notifying the committee and the Data Manager. The student will be required to resubmit the DNP Defense Scheduling survey with three new potential times for the rescheduled defense.
Step 3: Defense Procedures
Faculty Adviser Responsibility:
If the defense is occurring in person, the advisor will log into the Zoom link provided in the Outlook calendar invitation prior to the start of the Final Project Defense. The advisor will ensure that all committee members are present either in person or on camera via ZOOM for both the public presentation and the private committee discussion of the student’s performance and the decision about the outcome. If the defense is occurring via Zoom, it is the responsibility of the advisor to ensure only the committee members and student remain logged into Zoom at the conclusion of the public presentation, as the private committee discussion of the defense is not a public meeting. After discussion among the committee, the satisfactory/unsatisfactory decision is reached by means of a vote. Each Final Project Committee member must indicate satisfactory performance.
Committee Members Responsibility:
All committee members must electronically “approve” the Report on Final Examination form via Grad Forms to indicate that the student has successfully defended their final project. After discussion among the committee, the satisfactory/unsatisfactory decision is reached by means of a vote. Each Final Project Committee member must indicate satisfactory performance.
For further information:
Additional information/links can be found in the Student Affairs section of the StudentWeb: