Earth Month Proposal

Topic: waste reduction

Four challenges (one per week):

1. Make sure the lights are turned off every time we are out of the room and as much as possible while in the room in order to reduce electricity waste
    1. It is very easy to be running late to class and forget to leave the lights on, especially when I don’t pay the electricity bill. Also, there are times, especially during the day, when the lights can be off and the window shades can be put up.
  2. Make sure to only take as much food as I will actually eat at the dining hall.
    1. It is very easy to go to the dining hall extremely hungry and grab more food than you can actually eat, thus wasting a ton of food over time.
  3. Take the stairs in order to reduce electricity waste
    1. There are numerous times when I get on the elevator and it is just me taking it, and I realize that it is an insane waste of energy to take an elevator if it’s just me. Plus, taking the stairs everyday will be a good workout.
  4. Give up meat for the entire week
    1. This will reduce animal waste which is very common these days. Being a vegetarian for a week will make sure that I am being sustainable