- Identify the underlying principles of QM. (Recognize key QM underlying principles and concepts.)
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric, Fifth Edition, 2014 to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the SPCH 1113 course meets selected QM Rubric standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Quality Matters is a community built to empower instructor success in online course design. QM advocates range from instructors testing the waters of online learning to seasoned veterans. This community recognizes the impact that a well-designed course has on student achievement. Participating in the Applying the Quality Matters (QM) Rubric workshop is the first step to learning this research-driven set of national standards. Completion of training provides instructors an opportunity to collaborate with peers in the design and review of online courses in addition to access to resources including the fully annotated QM rubric. Register today.
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APP) is QM’s flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses.
This workshop is the prerequisite for participants who wish to continue on to the Peer Reviewer Course (PRC).
About the Workshop
- It is completely online and asynchronous.
- There are assignments that are due and discussions that you will need to participate in.
- It lasts two weeks.
- The workshop opens at 7am on Thu, 10/05/2016 and the last day to turn in assignments is 11:59 on Thu, 10/19/2016.
- A certified Quality Matters Online APPQMR Facilitator facilitates the workshop.
- There are no prerequisite requirements for the workshop.
- Participants can expect to spend about 10-15 hours per week in this workshop to successfully complete it.
- The Applying the QM Rubric: Syllabus (Abbreviated) can be found using this link
- Costs $25 per person for OSU and other Ohio QM Consortium Members.
- The workshop takes place in a Moodle instance. The Moodle workshop is designed, hosted, and created by Quality Matters and is facilitated by an OSU campus QM coordinator. Using QM’s Moodle is the only way to deliver the online version of the Applying the QM Rubric Course. However, the content is applicable and valuable in any higher education online course, no matter what the learning management system may be.
Who should attend?
- This session is intended for any person interested in creating or improving their online or blended course. All who wish to understand more about Quality Matters are welcome! Those who may find this session especially useful include faculty, instructional designers, administrators and adjunct instructors.
OSU Faculty and Staff Registration Reminders
- If an individual registers for the workshop and does not follow the proper cancellation procedures, that individual or his or her unit or department will be responsible for paying the registration fee.
When: 10/05/2016 7:00 AM – 10/19/2016 11:59 PM
Enrollment close on: 10/03/2016 12:00:00 AM
Registration is required at: https://carmen-services.it.ohio-state.edu/Events/Event/Details/973
Contact The Ohio State University Quality Matter Coordinator, Tim Lombardo at email@example.com to learn more about Quality Matters and learn more how OSU faculty and staff can be compensated for the cost of workshops through the ODEE Quality Matters Grants.
The Ohio State University and other institutions in the Ohio Statewide QM Consortium are welcome to visit the The University of Toledo – Main Campus for the Fourth Ohio Quality Matters Consortium Annual Member Meeting!
This meeting is free to consortium members. The Annual Member’s Meeting will be a day of hands-on information sessions focusing on Quality Matters initiatives. There will also be time and opportunities for networking with your peers from around the state.
WHEN: Thursday, May 12, 2016 from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM ET
WHERE: The University of Toledo – Main Campus, Student Union – Ingman Room
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 2nd, 2016.
- Hands-on information sessions focusing on Quality Matters initiatives, including:
- Research opportunities
- Faculty development initiatives
- Online accessibility
- Instructional strategies for learner interaction and engagement
- Competency-based education
- And more!
- Q&A with the Ohio QM Executive Committee
- Networking with peers from around the state
- Continental breakfast and lunch provided
- FREE to Ohio QM Consortium members!