The Office of Distance Education and eLearning (ODEE) has established the Distance Education Learning and Teaching Academy (DELTA), which aims to address the needs of faculty, advisors, and students by providing them with the training and support needed to be successful in the online academic environment. It will provide valuable resources for faculty to be effective online instructors, for students to achieve success in their online courses, and for online academic advisors to provide the support students need.
What we provide:
Online Course Development Kickstart Weeks
- One week session bringing together faculty developers and instructional designers to jump start the online course development process.
- Use of Digital Union space and resources to generate concepts for innovative online learning experiences.
- Discuss accessibility and copyright considerations for online courses.
- Continued collaborative and support community after Kickstart Week concludes through u.osu.edu/delta.
- Regularly scheduled and hosted via CarmenConnect.
- Topics related to online education and teaching online courses.
- Open to faculty, staff, and advisors.
- Tailored to meet the specific needs of a college or program.
- Offered face-to-face or virtually.
Online Creation Studios
- Regularly offered in Digital Union spaces for faculty to work with the assistance of instructional designers to create innovative experiences for their online courses.
- A “maker-space” to work on solving challenges with online activities through investigation of tools and trial and error.
- Facilitated trainings focused on topics relating to teaching and designing online.
- On-demand, self-paced modules addressing frequently asked questions.
- DELTA blog at u.osu.edu/delta where instructors continue learning tips for teaching and designing online.
- Q&A forum: Hosted on the DELTA blog site where faculty can post questions about teaching online and have them answered by peers and instructional designers.
How DELTA benefits Ohio State Online:
- Provide resources and support for faculty to effectively deliver online courses.
- Creates just-in-time resources to support online students.
- Increases faculty and student engagement in online courses.
- Inspires the creation and facilitation of innovative online course experiences.
- Support academic advisors so they can meet the unique needs of online students.