Continuous Improvement: Part 1

Whether you are an instructor in a course, a program director, or an instructional designer you should always be striving to make each iteration of your course(s) better than the last. ODEE has created two Institutional Research Board (IRB) approved surveys to address course development from both the faculty perspective and the student perspective. In this blog post, I am going to share with you the questions that we are asking instructors who work with our instructional designers on their experience with our course development process and working with an ODEE instructional designer.

Instructors will be rating the following questions on a scale of 1 to 4 (strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree):

1. The instructional designer enhanced my course development experience.
  2. The instructional designer embodied OSU values.
  3. The instructional designer kept my best interests in mind.
  4. The instructional designer made satisfactory progress throughout our collaboration.
  5. The instructional designer responded to me in a timely manner.
  6. The instructional designer met my expectations.
  7. The instructional designer provided me with enough resources to confidently teach my online course.
  8. Together, the instructional designer and I verified the course was working before the course start date.
  9. I knew what was expected of me during the course development process.
  10. The distance education course development process timeline provided clarity to our collaboration.
  11. I was satisfied with the development process for this course.
  12. Overall, I felt prepared to teach my online course.

In addition, instructors will be asked:

1. To identify their instructional designer.
  2. To share any comments, suggestions, and opinions.

The survey will be distributed at the end of each course development cycle and the data collected will be used to improve the instructor course development experience and process.