An opportunity is available for Faculty and Staff for official Quality Matters training hosted by CETE, The Office of Distance Education and eLearning and is faclitated by Joni Tornwall (Manager of Instructional Services, OSU CON) as part of the Ohio Quality Matters Consortium. Registration is required (see below).
This workshop will explore the Quality Matters Project and Processes. As part of the QM initiative, the workshop will prepare you to positively impact the design of online/blended courses, ultimately leading to student learning and success!
QM is designed to improve the quality of online and blended courses by establishing a peer reviewed quality assurance review process. You will become familiar with the Quality Matters standards and participate in a practice peer course review of an online course using the review tools. After successfully completing this workshop, you will be eligible to enroll in the Online Peer Reviewer Certification course. In addition, you will gain ideas to improve your own courses using the QM Standards.
Upon Completion of this Workshop, You Will Be Able To:
- Identify the underlying principles of QM.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Fifth Edition, 2014 Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the SPH113 course meets selected QM Rubric standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Write helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Fifth Edition, 2014 Rubric and evidence from the course.
Who should attend? This session is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators and adjunct instructors who wish to understand more about the QM Rubric and process of course review!
Required Materials: QM Fifth Edition, 2014 Rubric Workbook & a laptop with wireless capability
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Breakfast and Check In at 8:30 AM)
Registration Link: http://go.osu.edu/f2fappqmr
Registration Deadline: August 11, 2014
Contact Tim Lombardo at email@example.com or 614-688-2085 for information on obtaining the QM workbooks and available grants for the workbooks.
Quality Matters Coordinator
Office of Distance Education and eLearning