Module 5-Web-Enhanced Listening and Viewing Strategies

One of the most important things I learned from this module is that during a podcast there are so many things you cannot see and are unaware of. With these things you can’t control what you can is your focus on things like verbal cues from the instructor. Doing this will help you pick up what the instructor thinks is important and will allow you to easily access the material for future study. With this something I have already put into use from this chapter is outlining key points from lectures for future reference, this is stated on the power point at slide six, titled “Note Taking Approaches.” For example, as the instructor using specific body language, or hand gestures I would bold, underline those points as key points in the lecture. Doing this you can have organized notes for future reference this works out great when you need to study for exams and brush up on old information.

Some things I can put into practice is making sure I get online and try to find other sources that present the material differently. When my instructor gives a lecture that is confusing to me I should get online to try to find other sources for that material, either videos or websites that can give me a better understanding of the material. Moreover, my advice to other students would be to do the same thing. That when you don’t understand something from an instructor get online, don’t just give up and think the instructor doesn’t like you. Seek out other perspectives of the topics you are learning through sources online. This will help you get the most out of the material by finding an online source that helps you best with you learning style. Take organized notes and look for outside sources that can help you to understand the material to the best of your ability.