Module 4- Enhanced Study Tools

One of the most important things I learned in this module was having effective study tips and tools for school. Being able to demonstrate and see relationships with different concepts. An important thing to do is to narrow the text down and find what is most important, being sure to know and understand that. On page 12 of E-learning Companion I the fact of learning from a class outside of just that 1 or 2 hour class a week was interesting to me. That for each hour you spend in actual class you should spend 3 hours outside of class studying and knowing that material from class. This is something useful that I can use in the future.

A study tool I have already put into practice is before moving on from a passage, is trying to summarize it. Trying to remember the key points before moving on. This is very helpful because after you try and recall a passage it lets you see which areas you left out and may need to focus on in the future for a test or quiz. This proved to be very helpful to me while trying to study for a exams and quizzes.

What I need to put into practice from this module is to spend more time outside of actually class which my work. Trying to get about 3 hours outside of my class to study and review things instead of just using that hour in class. I think if I can do this everything will be easier and the material with make more sense to me. Moreover I this is the advice I would give to students. To not just do the minimum and expect to get what you want out of a class. Spending time outside of class every week will help a ton when an exam is coming up. If you do a little bit every day and every week, you won’t need to cram all your studying for the night before and will be better prepared.