My name is Emily de Jong and this year I am a first year at the Ohio State University. I plan to double major over the course of my college career, earning a Bachelor of Arts in History and a Bachelor of Science in Political Science.

In History, I look to study American History, with a focus on the history of American Politics. In this major, especially I hope to work on my critical thinking skills and to better my writing skills. I have always found history to be fascinating, and I am very excited to be able to study something I am so interested in.

In Political Science, I hope to achieve a deeper understanding of political voter trends and to be able to learn how to make sense of various collected data. With a Bachelor of Science in this field, I hope to be able to glean knowledge on the more technical aspects of Political Science, focusing heavily on analyzing data.

After my undergraduate career, I hope to continue on in my studies at law school, studying either environmental law or the law field in general.

My hobbies outside of school include rock climbing, both outdoors and at the Outdoor Adventure Center, discovering new music, and being a big fan of NPR.