LIVESTOCK Q.A. DATES (click here for dates)
LIVESTOCK RECORD BOOKS
There is one record book for each species that includes information for both market and non market projects. Use one book per species (poultry, rabbit, dairy, beef, sheep, goat, hog). List information for both breeding and market in the one record book. A reminder to those participating in the Ohio State Fair Skillathon to purchase an Ohio 4-H project specific record book.
- 2023 Livestock Record Book (one book/species. Ex: Put both breeding and market goats in one book)
- Medication Treatment Record – print if more copies needed
- 2023 Equine Record Book
- Dog Projects will need to purchase from Extension Office
- TWO STATIONS: Parts and Breeds
- List of 10 Good Production Practices
- Request a Skillathon Study CD or password for study site: click here
GENERAL LIVESTOCK – Defiance County
LIVESTOCK RULES & GUIDELINES – Defiance County
- Dept 100: Horses
- Dept 200: Poultry
- Dept 300: Rabbits
- Dept 400: Dairy
- Dept 500: Cattle (Beef & Dairy)
- Dept 600: Sheep
- Dept 700: Goat
- Dept 800: Swine
- Dept 900: Dogs
GENERAL LIVESTOCK – Ohio
- Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)
- Obtain a Premise ID to obtain required animal identification tags
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Animal Industry
- Ohio’s Livestock Health Exhibition Rules
- Ohio Livestock Tampering Rules
- Ohio Livestock Show Fact Sheet – Exhibition
- Ohio Livestock Show Reform Law
SCRAPIE INFORMATION – Goat and Sheep
- Scrapie and Scrapie Tag Information
- USDA Factsheet
- Ohio Tag Order Form
- Official ID Types for Goats and Sheep
- Should I Take Market Lamb?
- Sheep Care
- Sheep Showmanship
- Sheep Showmanship Video by Purdue Univ Extension
- Rabbit Fact Sheets and other Resources
- Rabbit Showmanship
- How to do a Rabbit Health Check Video by Purdue Univ Extenison
- Poultry Showmanship & Fitting Guide
- 4-H Poultry Resources
- Poultry Exhibition
- Bathing and Grooming
- Should I take Broilers as a 4-H Project?
- Should I take Turkeys as a 4-H Project?
- Meat Goat Showmanship Video by Purdue Univ Extension
- Dairy Goat Showmanship
- Market Goat Showmanship
- Should I Take Market Goat?
- Beef Showmanship Video by Purdue Univ Extension
- Should I Take Market Beef?
- Should I Take Feeder Calf?