About Me

photo (4)

Hello, my name is Anna Deems and I am an undergraduate student at The Ohio State University. I lived in Dover, OH my entire life and graduated valedictorian from Dover High School. I was involved in many extra curriculars including soccer, cheerleading, dance team, and track, and therefore have learned time management, leadership, and the importance of cooperation. Currently, my major is undeclared, but I plan to major in Biology Pre-med and minor in Spanish. I am apart of the Mount Leadership Scholars Program at OSU, and I am passionate and driven when it comes to service and leadership.

One of the most meaningful experiences I had in high school was a trip to Mexico with other foreign language students. We traveled to the town of Merida in the Yucatan Peninsula where we visited an orphanage. The children we interacted with had such an impact on me that during my studies at OSU, a goal of mine is to study abroad in a Spanish speaking country while simultaneously doing volunteer work. My high school experiences have shaped me into the person I am today, and I plan to continue being involved and enthusiastic when it comes to new opportunities in college.