My Second Artifact

At OSU, our athletic teams are known as the Buckeyes. A buckeye is a small nut that is commonly found throughout the state of Ohio. The reason why I bring this up is that I wanted to share another one of my special artifacts, which happens to be a buckeye! This past August, as my parents were helping me move into my dorm room on Move-In Day, one of the things my mother gave to me as we were finishing unpacking was a buckeye. She told me that this buckeye was found in a park located in my hometown. It symbolizes not only my status of being a student at this great institution but also my own personal roots. I was born and raised here in the Buckeye State, and Ohio has always been my home. While it may seem quite unimpressive, this nut holds very special meaning to me. It sits on my desk most of the time, but I always put it in my pocket as a sign of good luck whenever I’m about to take a midterm or final exam. I couldn’t be more proud to call myself a Buckeye, and regardless of whether you grew up in or outside of Ohio, anyone can be a part of this amazing community as a member of the Ohio State Buckeyes!