My G.O.A.L.S. reflect my passions for scientific discovery and helping others around me, and through my time here at OSU, I hope to achieve all of them to the fullest.

Global Awareness: I have always had a love for other cultures of the world and I hope to be able to pursue my passion of travelling the world in order to gain a better understanding of our Earth and the people who live on it.

Original Inquiry: I plan to get involved with one (or many) of the amazing research opportunities OSU has to offer, preferably one that centers around drugs/pharmaceuticals and how they affect the human body. Moreover, I hope to be able to present my research at the Denman Undergraduate Research Forum in my senior year. I am also looking into writing an Honors Thesis so that I can graduate with Honors Research Distinction.

Academic Enrichment: I have always striven to do my very best in school and this will hold especially true in college. I am taking a very tough, packed course load during my time here at OSU, and though this will undoubtedly challenge me, I will push myself to put in maximum effort and do the best work I can possibly do. Another important aspect of academic enrichment is getting to know faculty, and I hope to be able to create strong relationships with many of my professors.

Leadership Development: Clubs and extracurriculars will be my main focus in terms of developing my leadership skills, and I will strive to attain a leadership position in the clubs I am most passionate about.  More than this, though, I believe I can exhibit leadership within my classes, my dorm, and simply around campus in general by being (as my high school called them) an “upstander”.

Service Engagement: I have already gotten involved with organizations that are making the world a better place through service and involvement, such as Defend Our Future and the American Red Cross Club here on campus. As of November 21, 2017, I have already volunteered 17 service hours with the American Red Cross Club and 4 hours with Defend Our Future.