Year in Review

Year in Review:

It can be scary looking back at your year, where you started and where you are now. A lot has changed. I’m starting to finally figure out what I want to do when I graduate. I’m becoming more involved in the organizations I’m involved with, I’m also going outside my comfort zone. I just applied to be an OSU Ambassador aka a tour guide. Which all involve things I’m uncomfortable with like public speaking. I’ve also started to make professional connections especially within Fisher, with my professors and recruiters from companies. I expect next year to be very challenging between juggling new organizations, internship hunt, harder classes and the latest thing I’ve gotten involved in is the industry cluster program within Fisher. My industry cluster is retail, in which fall semester I will be able to meet with not companies within in the industry. In the spring semester I will be working on a project with one of the companies that we’ve worked with. I’m very excited for this opportunity to further enhance my knowledge. I am an operations specialization so I want to get more involved in the distribution side. So I have high expectations for next year and what it will teach me. I’ve have a mix of good and bad experiences this year, which is healthy and to be expected. IA was not what I thought it would be coming in, some of that my fault and not putting enough effort into things, other things out of my control. As a second year leaving the program I have come to realize the connections and conversations I have had will forever impact me and my perspective. I’ve also have realized how much I don’t know, I generally consider myself someone who follows whats going on in the world while grasping the historical concepts as while.IA has opened my eyes to realize that grasping a whole concept or really understanding the depths of world issues takes year and different opinions and perspective to gain an actual view of the situation. I’ve also started to realize that I won’t be able to truly study abroad for a semester in college, like I’ve always planned. It’s disappointing to say the least, but it’s just the way my schedule and classes worked out. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, especially being a IA scholar. But, I’m not too concerned I know travel is in my future at some point. It’s been an exciting year of new developments and going outside my comfort zone, I’m excited for the challenges that next year will bring me.