1st Year in Review

The two foundational elements of my childhood came together in conjunction in the search for the right university. One of the aspects was rooted in the 10,000 hours that I had committed to gymnastics through the first 18 years of my life. I knew I must continue this adventure into and through college and Ohio State had the perfect fit for me with the Club Gymnastics Team. Using this as a platform for my future goals, I continued to utilize Club Gymnastics as a means to further my gymnastics goals to push my body to its absolute limit and achieve incredible physical feats.

The other element to my commitment to excellence was training my mind in challenging concepts of interest in the field of engineering. Athletics combined with engineering is a rare, yet impressive portfolio of accomplishments which continues to motivate my endeavors in the School of Engineering at Ohio State. With unlimited resources academically for success, this distinguished resume pursuit between engineering and gymnastics paved the ideal path for me to follow my dreams at Ohio State, and so far, I have only been able to flourish.

Spring semester of 2019, the most notable of my experiences was with the club gymnastics at Nationals in Daytona Beach, FL. Known as the most important competition in the NAIGC, nationals brings together the best of Club Gymnastics to meet and demonstrate each and everyone’s skills in an competition where individuals compete for their own titles as well as each individual score combining with the other to create a team competition at the same time. After a rough start on the pommel horse it knocked me out of contention for all around finals, despite completing the rest of the competition day 1 flawlessly. This transitioned my focus of day 2 into being for team 100%. After contributing on 5 of the 6 events in perfect style, it lead the Ohio State Mens Gymnastics Club Team to a National Championship in the community division. This was a meaningful reminder that even if not everything worked out individually, there was the team aspect that brought our team to form unbreakable bonds and win championships. I will continue my pursuit to gymnastics perfection at the next National competition, using my immeasurable experiences from last year to put my best performance forward in the individual and team competitions. Contributing as an effective and meaningful teammate has been one of the most prideful accomplishments to have focused on at my time at OSU.