Welcome to my homepage! I am currently a Research Scientist, at the Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center, The Ohio State University.
Dr. Chunli Dai
1090 Carmack Rd
Columbus, OH 43210
- 10/29/2020: Our paper about a potential Alaska tsunami threat is published on Geophysical Research Letters. https://doi.org/10.1029/2020GL089800. Check out the media coverages on this research:
- EurekAlert, November 13, 2020, “Retreating glacier presents landslide threat, tsunami risk in Alaskan fjord”, https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-11/nsfc-rgp111320.php.
- NASA Earth Observatory, October 6, 2020, “The Specter of a Mega-Tsunami in Alaska”, https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/147345/the-specter-of-a-mega-tsunami-in-alaska.
- The New York Times, 14 May 2020, “‘It Could Happen Anytime’: Scientists Warn of Alaska Tsunami Threat”, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/climate/alaska-landslide-tsunami.html.
- New funding from NASA Sea Level Change Science Team, Title: From grounding lines to coastlines: an integrated approach to barystatic sea-level projections; OSU PI: C. Dai, PI: Eric Larour, Co-I: Surendra Adhikari, Lambert Caron, Alex Gardner, Ian Howat, Erik Ivins, Dimitris Menemenlis, Justin Quinn, Nicole-Jeanne Schlegel, Helene Seroussi; 2020-2024.
- 06/05/2020: Our paper is published on Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JB018977.
- 01/10/2020: We are on the news! Earth & Space Science (EOS) News featured our recent work with ArcticDEM project. Read the story at EOS.org.
- 12/16/2019: We are awarded a NASA project! Read the details at Byrd News.
- 12/11/2019: We presented our research at AGU Fall Meeting 2019. Check out the details.
- 08/01/2019: Our paper is published on Remote Sensing of Environment. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rse.2019.04.010.
- 12/14/2018: We presented our research at AGU Fall Meeting 2018. Check out the details.
- 04/16/2018: Our paper is published on Geophysical Research Letters. https://doi.org/10.1002/2018GL077379.
- 12/28/2017: Our paper is published on Geophysical Research Letters. https://doi.org/10.1002/2017GL075920.