Social workers can legally and ethically conduct nonpartisan voter engagement as part of their practice. Health and human service workers and organizations can empower clients by equipping them with the resources they need to cast their ballots.
Voting is healthy for individuals and communities. Use these resources for yourself and in your practicum to connect clients and partners to the political process.
This general election, Ohioans will vote on an amendment to the state constitution regarding abortion access and on marijuana legalization. Communities across the state will also be voting in local races for school boards, city councils, and mayors. These offices control policy and spending on everything from school resources to policing and public infrastructure.
Don’t sit this one out.
- Election Day: November 7, 2023
- Registration Deadline: October 10, 2023
- Early In-Person Voting: Oct. 11 – Nov. 5
- Vote by Mail Request Deadline: Oct. 31
- Confirm your voter registration
- Register to vote or update your address
- If you are not an Ohio resident, use Vote.org!
Research your Ballot
Complete sample ballots are typically available after the voter registration deadline.
Make a Plan to Vote
- Ohio now requires a photo ID to vote
- Find your early voting location
- Find your election day voting location
- Vote by Mail
- Get election reminders
Accessible voting information:
If you are a representative of a social or human services organization and would like an in-person or virtual presentation for your staff and/or clients about voter engagement, please contact advocacy director Steve David at email@example.com.