Democracy needs you. Apply today.
In this critical moment for preserving democratic norms and structures, the Ohio State University College of Social Work is launching the CSW Democracy Fellowship. This program will enhance capacity around nonpartisan voter engagement efforts directed at health and human service providers and clients.
The Democracy Fellowship is intended to work in collaboration with students’ existing practicum education. Students will learn foundations of nonpartisan voter engagement, building connections with local advocates and plan events to connect clients and community to the political process. With approval from the student’s field instructor, all fellowship activities may be completed as part of their existing placement learning activities and counted as field hours.
Fellows will be responsible for the following outcomes:
- Completing fellowship onboarding.
- Attending biweekly Policy + Advocacy supervision and co-leading one facilitation.
- Holding four 1:1 meetings with relevant peers, social worker professionals or community members about voter engagement.
- Presenting to one agency, student, or community group about nonpartisan voter engagement.
- Providing support for one CSW advocacy event included event staffing, planning assistance and promotional efforts.
- Participating in two nonpartisan voter engagement events hosted by community groups.
Pay and Hours
Fellows will earn $18.56 per hour for the 100 hour fellowship (10 hour per week Sept-Nov). Hours may be counted as part of field practicum with agency approval.
The CSW Democracy Fellowship is open to any student admitted to the College of Social Work. CSW will hire five Democracy Fellows in the Autumn 2023 semester. Submit your application now. Contact advocacy director Steve David (email@example.com) for more information.