The DC Advocacy Immersion is the flagship CSW advocacy experience. Hosted in collaboration with Ohio State Government Affairs, this is a transformative experience for students.
- CSW staff selected 20 students for the DC cohort through an application and interview process. Students were assigned to groups based on their issue interests and experiences.
- Through a four session training program, students identify their target legislation, develop fact sheets, and practice their meeting strategy in simulated visits with policy advocates acting as congressional staffers.
- In 16 legislative visits with the Ohio congressional delegation, students legislation on home health care workforce, voting rights for people with criminal convictions, access to reproductive healthcare, mental health services in schools and supportive housing services.
- CSW hosted a successful alumni reception to connect with DC-based alumni and online students, and a DC Careers Panel exploring roles and providing connections with professionals engaged in advocacy and government agency work.
- The DC Advocacy Immersion was featured in an OSU News article highlighting the student experience on the trip.
“These were such important conversations to have and I really loved knowing that I had them with people with close connections to decision-makers. Great experience!”
– 2023 DC student