Diary of Systemic Injustices Showcase: The Rise of Anti- Asian Hate

Over the past year, the United States has seen a monumental increase in Anti- Asian American hate crimes. From Anti- Asian American violence in New York and the shooting in Atlanta, Georgia, the country is fueled and ready to speak on Anti- Asian Hate and Discrimination.

Asian Americans have long been looked at as the “model minority” and many Asian Americans have been speaking up about how this stereotype is not helping the end of racism, but fueling it and using the Asian American community as a middle man. Asian Americans have been the target of much micro- aggressive sayings throughout the years. These snarky comments often meant to be humorous, has been pointed out by the Asian American community as yet another form of discrimination and racism. Many have been speaking out on the overlap of Anti- Asian hate and sexual violence and how hyper sexualization is all a huge part in the hate and violence that the Asian American community experiences. The past year with the pandemic sparked the beginning of the resurfacing of discrimination against the Asian American community as the coronavirus was label “the Chinese flu”. Throughout this course, we had talked about the difficulty for Asian American immigrants and how their lives were effected. I think that adjusting to a new culture while still feeling connected to another culture is a huge issue that immigrants face and that is a common struggle among many Asian Americans. I think that the Anti- Asian hate and discrimination is a great example of systemic injustice because hate crimes against the Asian American community is not new and has been occurring over the past two centuries. It also effects a very large group of people and it had not become a very well-known issue until the rise of violence had increased an enormous amount throughout the last year. Now, many people are standing up against the hate to the Asian American community and other racial communities to make a difference and open of the eyes of Americans everywhere.

2 thoughts on “Diary of Systemic Injustices Showcase: The Rise of Anti- Asian Hate

1. Thanks for the thread. As you may read my showcase, I too happen to focus a bit on Asian discrimination within my prompt. You are spot on when you suggest that now more than ever, we have witnessed the anti-Asian biases in our country. This has progressively gotten worse over time and how it finishes is by us standing up against the hatred and calling out those who continue the stereotypes towards minority groups. I sincerely thank you for bringing this issue into the discussion because, in my opinion, it isn’t discussed enough.

2. A wide range of subjects are simple to access snake io and combine. Your post was truly enjoyable. I’ve never given serious attention to the possibility of discrimination in athletics. Judging someone based solely on appearance rather than taking their abilities into account is incredibly unjust.