Monthly Reflection

The topics we have discussed in class so far this month have been very interesting. I think recycling was the most intriguing. Learning what types of plastics Columbus and OSU do and do not accept has been very useful and essential knowledge as we do our part as students to create a more sustainable future. It was awesome to hear OSU’s plan to become more sustainable and how we can do our part as buckeyes. I also thought learning about the resources we have available to us, such as the Columbus recycling webpage, will help us effectively dispose of and separate trash in the future.

In the past month, I have learned how resilient I am and what I can overcome. I have learned that I need help with classwork and with understanding topics, whereas in high school I did not need as much. I have had to learn that there is no shame in asking for help and that it is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of wisdom.

There have been quite a few new challenges in my life in the past month, that I have never had to deal with before. Whether it is about schoolwork, family issues, or friends, I have had to find new ways to navigate them as I am growing into adulthood. I have had to learn time management and how to say no to some fun activities to study or catch up on work. I have struggled a lot with trying to figure out what to do with my future. I often get worried that I am running out of time to make a decision on my major and specialization, but I am reminded by people above me and my peers that there is no rush and that I have time.

I have been achieving good grades recently in all my classes and feel prepared for the rest of the semester. I have also been getting ahead in all my assignments and really decreasing the work buildup every week by getting it done as soon as the assignment comes out. I am more aware of when stuff is due and have made a good mental map and schedule of when and how to do my tasks. I continue to get close with my friends and have achieved levels in our friendships that I know will continue to grow. Overall, it has been a very good month, and hope that the next one is even better.