The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) requires all Local Health Departments (LHDs) that have not yet applied for PHAB accreditation to submit a work plan for how the agency intends to achieve accreditation by the July 2020 deadline. Here is some key information about this requirement:
- This work plan requirement applies to LHDs that participated in the profile and accreditation readiness re-assessment survey in the winter of 2018, and responded that they were ‘not yet started’ or in the ‘pre-application’ phase of PHAB.
- Accredited LHDs and LHDs that have already submitted PHAB applications are not required to submit a work plan. Note: These agencies remain eligible for no-cost training and technical assistance through this project, as long as they completed the 2018 re-assessment survey.
- If you have applied to PHAB since the October 2017 work plan submission please email CPHP at CPH-Practice@osu.edu indicating your change in application status so an updated work plan is not anticipated from your agency.
- If you have not applied to PHAB remember that eligibility to receive no-cost training/technical assistance made available through this project is tied to work plan submission.
- A webinar introducing this requirement and a work plan template was held on March 28. Go here to view a recorded version of this content. Access the Webinar Slides here. Check out the questions from the webinar.
- The deadline for the third work plan submission is April 30, 2018 Work plans should be submitted to the Center for Public Health Practice via CPH-Practice@osu.edu. Note: You DO NOT need to submit this updated work plan to the Ohio Profile and Performance Database (OPPD).
Access the Work Plan Template here.
Note: It is the expectation that the LHDs will use the 2018 re-assessment results in conjunction with other local agency-specific information to inform this work plan.