The Center has a new face to its online learning management system (LMS). The new LMS, Canvas, is not only easier on the eyes, but in navigation as well. Canvas is a user-friendly, more modern-looking LMS that affords users a more streamlined and intuitive experience.
You may access our courses at https://osupublichealth.catalog.instructure.com. We currently have the following courses available:
- CQI for Public Health: The Fundamentals
- CQI for Public Health: Tool Time
- NEW! Introduction to Workforce Development Planning for PHAB Accreditation
- Ohio Policymaking Basics
- Organizing at Work
- Presentation Do’s and Don’ts
- Public Health 101: A Short Course
- Social Media in Public Health
- Writing a QI Plan for your Agency
The following information is important to note about the new LMS:
- You will need to create a user profile within the new system, even if you had an account with us previously. You will be prompted to set up this profile when you attempt to register for your first course.
- An overview course of the new LMS is available here Canvas Orientation: A Guide for First Time Users
- Canvas is not compatible with Internet Explorer as a web browser. It is suggested to use either Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Click here to download instructions for registering and completing courses for the first time.
Please notify us immediately if you experience technical problems when accessing our catalog or any of our courses – we want to know so that we can make it better! Contact Colleen at email@example.com.
In addition to Center developed trainings, several courses have been created via collaboration with other organizations. You can find further information about these courses below.
Online Performance Management Training Series
The Center took part in providing an exciting online Performance Management Training series that is now available! This free, introductory-level series is intended for individuals working in governmental public health who are new to performance management and/or who are responsible for building a performance management system for their agency. To learn more and to register for this three-part series, click here!
Mobilizing Rural Communities to Prevent Childhood Obesity A Toolkit
This toolkit and online learning modules are the product of a multi-state (Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin), multi-disciplinary research project titled Mobilizing Rural Low-income Communities to Assess and Improve the Ecological Environment to Prevent Childhood Obesity, more commonly referred to as Communities Preventing Childhood Obesity (CPCO). The goal of the CPCO project was to increase capacity in rural communities to create and sustain environments to prevent childhood obesity among preschool age children. For more information, contact Family and Consumer Sciences Educator, Jennifer Lobb at firstname.lastname@example.org or Associate Professor and Field Specialist, Carol Smathers at email@example.com
Healthier Pregnancy: Tools & Techniques to Best Provide ACA-Covered Preventive Services
Healthier Pregnancy: Tools and Techniques to Best Provide Affordable Care Act Covered Preventive Services addresses successful practices in implementing U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations around obesity, alcohol, depression, intimate partner violence, tobacco, and breastfeeding in pre- and perinatal care settings. Click here to access the trainings!