This course provides an introduction to the field of healthcare management of public health and healthcare organizations. The course will engage students with the following healthcare financial management topics:
- The income statement and the statement of changes in equity
- Financial condition analysis
- Planning and budgeting
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the key components of the income statement and statement of changes of equity financial statements routinely prepared by public health organizations and explain why each statement is important to both managers and outside stakeholders.
- Conduct financial condition analyses as a part of understanding the current financial position of an organization.
- Describe the key components of the financial plan within an organization’s general planning process and discuss the different types of budgets.